Life, in collaboration with Tallon &
Associates, publishes a monthly analysis of data on the demand for
used assets. This month we look at changes in demand for the
- Generally little demand due to the
decline within the construction sector and initial site
preparation. However, slight signs of recovery in the last
Tracked excavators (1–10
- Demand reduced dramatically in the
last six months of 2009 as a result of the decline in the UK
- Associated company closures resulting
in a large number of machines on the UK market.
- Sector showing some signs of recovery
over the past few months.
Tracked excavators (10–21
- Again demand reduced significantly
during 2009 due to decline in housing and construction
- Market showing signs of improvement
during spring 2010.
- A shortage of new equipment may result
in an increased demand for used machinery.
Tracked excavators (21.5+
- UK demand has been slow during the
past 12 months.
- A demand for larger excavators has
been seen from the European export market due to recent favourable
- Demand has been slow throughout the 12
month period with the continued reduction in the UK construction
- The annual trend generally shows
increased demand during March and April.
- Decline softened by a shortage of late
- Generally no major changes in demand
for the wheeled shovels during the first three quarters. However,
the last quarter has seen some improvement.
- As with most construction plant,
leading manufacturer’s machinery will sell quicker than second tier
- After a period of 12–18 months where
little demand was seen for such equipment, the past few months have
seen a slight upturn.
- Sector suffered during late 2008 &
2009 due to downturn within the large scale construction
- A large quantity of machinery is
available on the European market place.
- Limited enquiries have been noted
however at significantly reduced values.
- A continually weak UK market, showing
little if no improvement in recent months due to limited
- Large quantities of equipment are available
on the second user market place in both Europe and the US.