Senior Underwriter – Asset Finance
Salary £55k-£75k plus car and benefits
We are looking to recruit an underwriter with either asset finance or wholesale motor finance experience to join our Essex-based client.
In brief, you will ensure all new business applications are underwritten prudently and managed according to company policy and procedures and cost-of-risk targets.
Your main activities
- Be responsible for the management of credit applications, principally within hard asset sectors
- Examine, analyse, underwrite and decide on each new business proposal ensuring that these are within agreed Company Credit Policies
- Produce analyses of customers’ accounts and prepare Credit Application Forms containing a detailed recommendation of the above personal underwriting authority in order that a higher sanctioning authority will be able to sanction the proposed loan
- Obtain further information concerning an application as required and interface with customers to resolve credit-related questions, including on-site visits where appropriate
- Participate in regular meetings and conference calls with colleagues, introductory sources and third parties to review business and develop processes
- Provide support as required to maintain company service standards in terms of credit turnaround times across all market sectors
- Organise or participate in regular and ad hoc Credit Committee meetings or calls to make recommendations when necessary
- Evaluate the processes to mitigate corporate risk, initiating and implementing continuous credit process improvements
- Ensure policies are communicated, complied with and understood by the team
- Provide accurate and timely reports in the formats and frequencies required
Your knowledge, skills and competencies
- Skilled and experienced in underwriting business credit applications an advantage
- Highly skilled in financial analysis for credit underwriting purposes, contract documentation and legal/ fiscal requirements to manage the portfolio in line with corporate goals
- Knowledge and experience in operating in a regulated environment using all AML/KYX tools
- An understanding of asset management and collections-related processes
- Possess excellent people skills and be an effective team player
- Excellent communication skills ‒ both oral and written
Contact Julie for more information: 01279713900
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData