Underwriter – Asset Finance
LOCATION: Reading, UK
We are looking for someone with at least 3 years underwriting experience within the Asset Finance and Leasing Industry. You will be working for a well-established asset finance leasing company to credit underwrite all new business prospects for my clients own book.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To manually assess all new business proposals, reviewing the proposal form, credit searches, supporting information including bank statements, financial accounts and any other additional information provided.
• To underwrite proposals in line with my clients credit policy and risk acceptance criteria up to the individuals remit within set SLA’s.
• Make credit recommendations to the Credit Manager/Directors for proposals outside of their remit.
• Where required, request additional information to further strengthen a proposal to be able to offer an acceptance.
• Build relationships with other Funders to brokers business.
• Work with the Sales Team/Brokers to maximise every opportunity and work with them to find ways to write new deals.
• Assist the Credit Manager to assess new introducers and ongoing monitoring of those once approved for both financial strength and FCA compliance.
Your Key Skills and Behaviours:
• Have good communication skills, both written and verbal and have excellent telephone manner.
• Be able to build positive professional working relationships with our introducers, suppliers and service providers.
• High attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
• A minimum of 1 to 2 years credit underwriting experience in a similar organisation.
• Direct experience within the asset finance/leasing industry and experience of a wide asset range, preferably soft assets, but not 100% necessary
• Familiar with the SME market
If interested in this role, please call Vicky.