|Job Description :
GE Capital’s Equipment Finance business is hiring an experienced Asset Manager to lead the residual value setting and Valuations for the UK Transportation, Construction and Materials Handling collaterals within the Asset Management Organisation (AMO). The Asset Manager will specialise in Trucks, Trailers, Buses, Forklifts and Cranes, as well as supporting valuations activity in the wider Construction, Agriculture and Access lift segments. The job holder will provide accurate valuations compliant with GE valuation policies in support of Commercial and Risk activities in the UK. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as an Asset Manager within the leasing finance industry. The position sits within a growing business who are investing in residual value risk therefore the Asset Manager will play an important role developing the strategy moving forward.
Please note location for the role can be flexible, although travel to the Bristol office will be required once a week.
GE Capital International is a leading, global provider of specialist finance to the mid-market, with headquarters in London and serving customers from 30 markets across EMEA and Asia Pacific.
With approximately 25,000 employees and revenues of more than $11B, GE Capital International is focused on driving growth in its core commercial leasing & lending products and markets. It provides mid-market customers with a wide range of financing solutions including accounts receivable management, inventory finance, asset backed lending, cross-border financing, leveraged finance, leasing/vendor finance and fleet management solutions.
GE Capital International focuses on sectors where it can share GE's 130+ year industrial heritage with customers – energy, healthcare, transportation, power & water, aviation, oil & gas. Through its ‘Access GE’ programme, GE Capital gives customers access to GE’s experience and expertise to help solve their business issues and challenges.
• The Transportation & Materials Handling Asset Manager will be the principal Asset Risk Group contact for the UK in the Transportation & Materials Handling sectors, with back-up responsibility for Construction, Agriculture & Forestry
• Undertake Residual and Collateral Analysis for all Transportation & Materials Handling assets in accordance with valuation policies
• Issue Residual and Collateral Values, subject to Approval Authority.
• Work with the UK Asset Management Leader and Commercial teams to develop opportunities and create Residual Value policies/matrices/one off residual values for Transportation & Materials Handling assets. Support development of asset management strategies. Return Conditions and re-marketing agreements.
• Support wider AMO teams in maximising termination income by way of end lease values, technical advice on asset sales and support remarketing performance.
• Be a Centre of Excellence for asset knowledge and be the primary contact for Transportation & Materials Handling collateral so as to proactively suggest market opportunities, train new sales team members, produce industry reports on collaterals, market sectors and technology changes.
• Manage and Develop portfolio RV exposure report content, impairment and RV Audit processes in Transportation & Materials Handling sectors.
• Experience of Valuing (to RICS or ASA standards) the following asset types (ideally all):
Transportation & Materials Handling, to include
- Trucks, trailers, tractors, Coaches buses; including knowledge of the UK service bus market
- Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- Forklift trucks
- Mobile, Crawler and Tower Cranes
- Access platforms and Scissor lifts
- Other asset classes beneficial but not essential.
• Or Bachelor’s Degree qualified within engineering or Financial Services, with proven years of transportation and materials handling valuation experience.
• Proven analytical and research skills with ability to summarise large amounts of data into a cogent recommendation understandable by people less experienced in the assets.
• Strong financial background (ideally supported by relevant qualification).
Apply link – http://www.ge.com/uk/careers/opportunities?keyword=Asset%2BManager&country=United%2BKingdom&state=TG_SEARCH_ALL&func=TG_SEARCH_ALL&business=TG_SEARCH_ALL&experience_level=TG_SEARCH_ALL