Leasing Life, in collaboration with Tallon & Associates, publishes a monthly analysis of data on the demand for used assets. This month we look at changes in demand for the printing industry.
- Demand remains steady for good quality late model equipment.
- Very limited demand for older equipment.
- Shortage of new machinery has increased demand for second user equipment.
- UK market continues to reduce for older traditional presses, however there is still limited demand from developing economies.
- Slight increase in demand from printers looking to update older machines given competitive pricing at present making presses more affordable.
- Lack of funding options proving to be a problem for many companies looking to invest.
- Late model presses still attracting interest from both UK based and International purchasers.
- Demand reducing for older letterpress machines, with very little interest from UK purchasers.
- Market continues to retract as wide format and digital machines become more cost effective.
- Equipment becoming unsaleable with only very limited demand from developing economies.
- High costs for decommissioning and shipping limit overseas.
Digital printing/ wide format
- Limited market for older equipment due to technological advances.
- Demand for wide format equipment reduced dramatically over past 12 months due to slow down within the retail sector.
- Demand for equipment starting to recover over past six months due to a shortage of equipment on second user market.
- Seen recent demand from European purchasers.
- Shrinking market for older equipment.
- A large number of closures within the sector over the past six months has resulted in a surplus of equipment on the market with limited demand for the same.
- Larger operators will now only invest in modern high-speed machines and consequently demand for older machines reducing.
- Recent sales for export to countries such as Turkey, Germany and Australia.
Packaging and converting
- Decline in the demand for Flexographic and gravure printing.
- Demand for carton and converting equipment remaining static.
- Global market for equipment and marketing periods of six months plus must be anticipated to source purchasers at realistic levels.