The line-up of global leasing professionals and academics who have joined the Lease Foundation as governors has reached 14 with the latest raft of board members.
John Bennet of Hitachi Capital Business Finance, who was awarded the Leasing Life Lifetime Achievement award last year, joined as governor along with three leaders from the captive finance sector – Nils Jaeger, vice president of international finance with John Deere Financial, Bret Thomas, vice president and global business head at Xerox Financial Services, and Patrick Jelly, managing director of Pitney Bowes UK.
The not-for-profit organisation set-up by Andrew Denton of CHP Consulting and Derek Soper of IAA-Advisory has also welcomed academics Rob Macredie, a professor of Information Systems at Brunel University, and Professor Iwan Davies, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Internationalisation and External Affairs at Swansea University.
The Leasing Foundation was launched in July with the stated objective of supporting the leasing industry by providing organisation for charitable activities, research and personnel development.
The latest governors followed seven other industry leaders onto the board:
- Jonathan Andrew, global chief executive of commercial finance at Siemens Financial Services
- Sam Geneen, managing director of Five Arrows Leasing
- Alan Leesmith, international director of IAA-Advisory
- Elliot Lennick head of international sales with MAN Financial Services
- Andrew Page chief executive of CHP Consulting
- Chris Stamper chief executive of ING Lease UK
- Peter Tegg, managing director at Caterpillar Financial Services for Northern Europe, Turkey, Africa and Middle East.
Two weeks earlier, the Leasing Foundation revealed Chris Sullivan, chief executive of the UK Corporate Banking Division of Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), as its first governor and patron.
Peter Thomas, a director with the Foundation, said: “This latest addition to our group of governors means we are not only creating a strong presence right across the industry, but also developing our ability to clarify, focus and engage in new thinking around research, education and professional development for the industry.”