Underwriter – Asset Finance
Salary £50,000 plus benefits
Our client is a prestigious asset finance lender a challenger in the Asset Finance market, offers Hire Purchase and Leasing finance for a full range of assets.
• Due to expansion of the Asset Finance business, my client recruiting for both flow and medium ticket underwriting specialists you will have responsibility for the end-to-end underwriting process with autonomy and ownership for proposals with a mandate up to £250k.
• The scope of the role will enable working across a range of assets and in owning the credit analysis and subsequent recommendation of facilities.
• Given the growth and development of the business, the role offers significant scope for involvement in a range of projects.
• As a key liaison point for Asset Finance, this position will be focused across the Asset Finance business in providing market intelligence and commentary which will influence Sales, Credit & Operations.
You must have:
• Extensive experience in underwriting asset finance proposals with detailed knowledge of various asset types
• Strong application of accounting principles including P&L, balance sheet, cash flows, gearing, working capital etc
• Demonstrable ability to understand value across a range of hard and soft assets
• Ability to work independently in taking a pragmatic approach to underwriting within parameters of credit policy; appreciation of when escalation/ guidance is required.
• The willingness, aptitude and gravitas to be a key member of a growing business
• From a credit perspective, lending experience to SME and corporate clients
• Experience of drafting and implementing policy
• Ability to keep abreast of market trends and provide effective and relevant commentary
If interested in this role please email email@example.com