Head of Credit Risk
Established Lender with strong growth plans
Asset, Consumer and Structured Finance
c£110,000 plus benefits
We have a fantastic new role with an established lender for a new Head of Credit Risk. We are looking for someone with a really commercial mind to help scale the portfolio across all lending products including consumer, structured and asset. You should have experience across a wide range of credit products including Structured Finance, Asset Finance, Regulated and Non-Regulated Lending. You will be confident in leading credit assessments with delegated limits ranging from £500K and above.
You will have the opportunity to challenge credit policies, processes and controls and will have line management responsibility for the Credit team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Growing the portfolio and loan book
- Lead, manage and coach the Credit Team
- Monitor and ensure optimal resource allocation amongst the Underwriters.
- Provide industry regulatory expertise and understanding to the business in order to strengthen future credit and risk frameworks.
- Produce reports on trends, volumes and data relating to applications to the Board and Senior Management Team.
- Make credit recommendations to the Credit Committee for proposals
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Proven experience working in a senior credit role within the financial services industry or specific Wholesale Finance experience.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- In-depth understanding of financial statements and principles of lending.
- Excellent understanding of the relevant UK Regulatory requirements relating to the provision of credit facilities and KYC processes in these jurisdictions.
Contact Julie Ramsay on 01279713900 or email@example.com.