Credit Risk Underwriter
Salary negotiable £30k-55k according to experience plus great benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity for a smart and ambitious Underwriter looking to play a key role in a business lending business based in North London.
Our client is a prestigious fast-moving lender. Within this key role as an Underwriter, you will work closely with members of the Credit Team on large ticket transactions and assist the company in achieving its business objectives through effective underwriting, portfolio management and reporting.
Our client is looking for an experienced Underwriter with experience in asset finance or motor finance. As an Underwriter, you will be an excellent communicator and will bring enthusiasm and a strong work ethic to this small and dynamic team. You will get excited by the thought of working in a fast-paced, engaging environment and being able to confidently work under pressure and against deadlines.
Your key day-to-day responsibilities as the Underwriter will include:
- Underwriting in line with company credit policy framework
- Analysing and assessing potential large deals and assisting in making a lending decision
- Managing the client experience and journey for a portfolio of clients
- Liaising with the sales, sales support and introducers to optimise the client experience
Qualifications and skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience as an Underwriter within a similar underwriting role (credit/risk)
- Work experience in a bank or asset lender (preferred)
- Experience in operating under a tiered mandate structure
- Strong numeracy and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised and superb attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to deliver to clear and defined expected outcome
Contact Vicky for more information on 01279713900.