We are looking to recruit a collections specialist to join a team in Chester This role is office hours Monday to Friday
- Collection of the company’s arrears cases
- Principal collections resource for White Oak UK, dealing with both internally and externally generated requests
- Corresponding by phone, email and letter to external customers and stakeholders
- Providing support to the Head of Collections as and when required
- Contacting clients regarding outstanding payments for services through immediate payment or by setting up payment plans
- Collecting customer payments in accordance with payment schedules
- Provide collections assistance to our funding partners and be a point of contact for them
- Always deliver a consistent and professional level of service
- Achieve set revenue targets and call quality objectives.
- Handle each call promptly and in the correct manner, updating records accordingly
- Input customer-related data accurately and efficiently.
- Take responsibility for resolving disputes, ensuring that caller concerns are actioned correctly, and all parties are notified
- Manage customers who are resistant to agent contact by remaining polite, tactful, honest and firm
- Follow Company policies and procedures at all times, ensuring that legislative requirements are met
- Collections experience in lending Consumer, motor or asset
- Excellent communication skills in all forms; confident telephone manner and excellent customer service skills
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to make commercially aware decisions when dealing with arrears cases, agents, solicitors and third parties
- Ability to identify potential high-risk cases
- knowledge and experience of working in a collection’s role
- Good all-round collections skills dealing with cases from inception of arrears to recovery of bad debts
- Experience of working in a fast-moving environment and ability to work under pressure
- Have the ability to relate to people from a variety of different backgrounds
- Be persuasive, persistent and self-motivated.
- Show empathy, assertiveness, tact and resilience
Call Vicky Maynard to discuss 01279713900.